M18 Chemistry Guide [ARCHIVE]
Welcome to another year of Madden everyone!! If you've missed any of what chemistry is/does - check out THIS LINK for last year's full write up. Without further ado:
Chemistry 101 - Understanding Chemistry:
- Only players in the starting lineup help to activate their specific chemistry's and their respective stat boosts. Other players that are depth/bench will receive the boost but won't contribute towards activating it.
Example: If I have Tier 1 "Go Deep" Chemistry activated with Odell Beckham Jr., Julio Jones, & David Johnson in my starting lineup, only those three players help activate and receive the boost to PBK, RLS, and TAD. If, however, Tyreek Hill is my WR4 (depth) and he's on the field, he will also get the boost to PBK, RLS, and TAD but will not contribute towards activating it (or add towards the next Tier). If I only have Odell Beckham Jr. in my starting lineup and Tyreek Hill is a WR4, "Go Deep" Chemistry is NOT active (only 1 of the necessary 3 players for Tier 1 are active), and therefore NEITHER player will receive the "Go Deep" boosts.
- Which positions contribute towards chemistry?
QB, HB, FB, WR1, WR2, WR3, TE1, TE2 LT, LG, C, RG, RT
DT1, DT2, LE, RE, MLB1, MLB2, LOLB, ROLB, CB1, CB2, CB3, FS, SS
On Special Teams:
- When a specific chemistry is activated, your players will receive the stat boosts as shown in the table below. This doesn't necessarily mean that your players' OVR will be boosted though. The reasoning can best be explained by MrJohnson_4's comment HERE. So don't worry - your player is receiving the boosts, it just may not be enough to give them a boost to their OVR.
- Team Chemistry - if your starting players are from the same team (i.e - New York Giants), those teammate players will receive stacking boosts to AWR and PRC for each Tier (max 4).
Example: If I have Odell Beckahm Jr., Landon Collins, and Dominique Rodgers Cromartie all in my starting lineup, activating Tier 1 chemistry, each will receive a +1 stat boost to both AWR and PRC. Each subsequent tier adds an additional +1 stat boost to those two stats.
- Team Training Chemistry - activated via team specific items (i.e. - coaches, stadiums, light uniforms, and dark uniforms). Each of those 4 items are upgradeable into 3 tiers, therefore 12 Tiers are possible.
Please note: tiers only boost/stack for players of that team.
Thanks jmellerEA for the info!!
Example: If I have all NYG Team Items fully upgraded to Tier 3 each, all my NYG players will receive all the boosts through Tier 12. If I have 4 different team items (non-upgraded), each player from those respective teams will only receive Tier 1 boosts.
- Team Leader Chemistry - like Team and Team Training Chemistry, this chemistry only boosts players from the specific team that the Team Leaders that are activating the chemistry are from (per card art)
Example: If I have all NYG Team Leaders in my starting lineup, each and every NYG player on my team will receive their respective stat boosts.
- Level Up Jersey Rewards & Chemistry:
Armadillos: Home (Move the Sticks); Away (Read and React)
Bisons: Home (Pound the Rock); Away (Physical Front)
Cougars: Home (Go Deep); Away (Blanket Coverage) - Level 31
Dragons: Home (Toughness x2); Away (Toughness x2) - Level 50
Express: Home (Go Deep x2); Away (Blanket Coverage x2) - Level 44
Huskies: Home (Pound the Rock); Away (Physical Front)
Lumberjacks:Home (Pound the Rock); Away (Physical Front) - Level 37
Mounties: Home (Move the Sticks x2); Away (Read and React x2) - Level 47
Nighthawks: Home (Move the Sticks); Away (Read and React) - Level 34
Orbits: Home (Go Deep); Away (Blanket Coverage)
Pioneers: Home (Move the Sticks); Away (Read and React)
Redwoods: Home (Pound the Rock x2); Away (Physical Front x2) - Level 41
River Hogs: Home (Pound the Rock); Away (Physical Front)
Steamers: Home (Move the Sticks); Away (Read and React)
Voyagers: Home (Go Deep); Away (Blanket Coverage) - Level 40
Wizards: Home (Go Deep); Away (Blanket Coverage)
Zero Chill: Home (Go Deep); Away (Read and React) - **see below for add'l promo stat boosts
** If there are any updates/errors that you see, please do let me know **
8/4 - Updated OP for M18 Chemistry (based upon MH database update)
8/8 - Added Ability Chems, Leader/Training Chem boxes, Long Shot Chem box
8/14 - Added Tier Requirements to Team & Skill Chemistry (based upon MH Team Builder tool)
8/17 - Added Team Training specific boosts + explanation
8/22 - Added Longshot Chem & Twitch Prime Chem details
9/5 - Edited verbiage for "Playmaker" chem no longer requiring L2/LT. Also added skill chemistry images
9/7 - Team Leader Chem Updates
9/28 - Level Up Jersey & Chemistry added to OP; Tier 4 details added.
10/9 - Added new Ability Chemistry (Patch Notes)
10/15 - Madden Classic Chemistry details added
10/19 - Squads Coach John Madden Chemistry details added
11/6 - Added Level 31 Jersey information
11/14 - Added Level 34 Jersey information
11/17 - Added Level 37 & 40 Jersey information
12/30 - Added Zero Chill Promo information. Added/Edited John Madden Coach Tiers and stat boosts. Edited name of "INT Specialist" to "Pick Specialist"
1/15 - Added new "UP" (Under Pressure) chemistry from TotY promo
2/17 - Added new Level Up Jerseys (thank you MrJ & themanticors)
3/14 - Tier 5 Chemistry added
3/28 - Out My Way Chemistry details added - will update chart when I get home tonight.